I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I just started as the new Fairs Program Administrator today. I’m looking forward to working with each of you!
I’m excited to let you know that applications for capital improvement grants were placed in the mail today and have been sent to the address the department has on file for your fair. For your convenience, I’ve attached a fillable electronic copy to this email, along with the cover letter and a Q&A.
I’d like to make you aware of some of the application requirements this year.
- All applications must be sent to me via email and in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for emailing applications is 5:00 p.m. October 2, 2023.
- You may submit no more than three applications.
- The “cap” for each application is $250,000.
- Smaller projects may be grouped together on one application but must not exceed $60,000.
- There may be additional reporting requirements added to the grant agreements due to the high-profile nature of this program.
- All projects must be completed by May 31, 2025. Invoices must be submitted not later than June 30, 2025.
We are planning to schedule a virtual meeting to answer any questions you have regarding the capital improvement grant program. Stay tuned for more information. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Tracey Keller, Fairs Program Administrator
Washington State Department of Agriculture
PO Box 42560
Olympia, WA 98504