STATE WIDE SUPER SCHOOL MEETING
To be held at the Walla Walla Fairgrounds, Walla Walla, WA
Saturday, March 30, 20198:00 AM Super School Committee & Volunteers Arrive -
Community Center 8:15 - REGISTRATION
and Continental Breakfast
Silent Auction will be open 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
8:55 AM Convene
Todd Kimball, Chairman WWBOCC
Tom Muchony, President WSFA
Program Overview, Bill Ogg
9:10-9:55 amSession 1 Workshops
1. Fair Superintendent 101 -Freshman
So you volunteered or were tricked into it - now what? Learn the investment, challenges and rewards.
2. Washington Department of Ag & Legislature Update, Presented by Teresa Norman.
10:00 - Session 2 Workshops
1. Fair Superintendent 102 - Sophomore
Okay, I think this is worthy, how can I improve? Learn about STEM and School partnerships
Presented by: Catherine Wolport, Melanie Owens and Debbie Moberg-Williams
2. Recruiting, motivating, rewarding, retaining and retiring Superintendents.
11:00 - Session 3 Workshops
1. Fair Superintendent 103 - Junior
Wow, this is awesome, but it’s getting repetitive. Learn why it’s important to balance traditional and new, be tenacious and recommit.
Presented by: (Include Mary Kae)
2. Why does my Fairgrounds need a master plan?
Learn the benefits & considerations to answer these questions and how to get started Presented by Lawson Knight.
Noon - 12:45 Lunch
12:45 PM Tour of WW Fairgrounds, separated by interest
a. Livestock Facilities
b. Static Exhibit Facilitiesc.
c. Grandstand and Entertainment Areas
Session 4 Workshops
1:25 p.m.-2:50 p.m.
1. Fair Superintendent 104 - Senior Practicum
Hands-on practice how to produce Creative Displays -Pavilion.
Presented by: Amy White
1:25 - 2:10 p.m.
1. Livestock Handling and Fair Health Inspections
Presented by Brian Joseph DVM and Amber Itle DVM WA State Veterinarians
2. Government and or Non-Profit Fair and Fairgrounds.
Advantages of each; opportunities and challenges
2:10 - 2:55 p.m. Session 5 Workshops
1. Traditional and new livestock divisions and exhibition.
Presented by: (Include Paul Kuber)
2. Management round table discussion.
3:00 PM Silent Auction Closes
3:00 - 3:30 PM Super School Wrap Up
1. Q & A session - anonymous written & live questions
3:30 PM Adjourn
3:30 - 4:00 PM Settle and pick up auction items
Note spouse activities:
Shopping at Fairgrounds: Antique and Collectible Show and Sale
Wine Tasting Tour— Bus transportation provided, return to
Fairgrounds by 3:30 PM