Succession Planning for Your Fair
Do you have plans in place to assist you to identify and develop future leaders within your Fair? Succession planning is a focused effort to ensure that you have capable and trained volunteers and/or staff in place when current leaders retire or leave the organization. This session is designed to give you the basics of putting together a plan for all levels of leaders at your Fair.
Kent Hojem, CFE, CEO Washington State Fairs
Keeping the Community Involvement In your FairTaking Your Event VirtualThis session will go in-depth on the most important aspects to consider when producing hybrid or fully virtual events.
Topics discussed include:
- How to decide between going hybrid vs fully virtual
- How to schedule hybrid or virtual programming
- Virtual programming best practices
- Virtual event ticketing/access control
- Virtual partnership pricing and marketing + vendor booths
- Recommended analytics and reporting for key stakeholders
- Unique pre- and post-event opportunities for virtual programming
Michael Bleau, CEO and Co-founder of EventHub
Evolution of Programing - "What are the Innovative ideas that happened in 2020"
Evolution can happen slowly over time and generations or it can happen rapidly due to dramatic changes in society or business climate. 2020 has forced many fairs to rapidly change course and find innovative solutions to remain relevant and fiscally sound during a worldwide pandemic. What innovations will carry through to how our Fairs present ourselves to the public in the future and change the way we program our fairs? This session will bring together samples of innovations that may be here to stay.
Andrea Thayer, CFE, Competitive Exhibits/Grounds Entertainment Manager